?Nivea Aftershave as Makeup Primer || بلسم ما بعد الحلاقة كبرايمر؟

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
 
This product has been everywhere in the beauty community, it began on youtube and it quickly spread.. With claims that its better than any primer, no need for setting sprays or layering products because this is a fix-all base for moisturizing the skin and extending makeup wear , or is it?  After testing this out, I think I have some things to say.. 

مين ما حكى عنه؟ بدأت الحركة هذه في يوتيوب وبسرعة انتشرت ، انقال إنه ما تحتاجين بخاخ مثبت أو إنك تستخدمين طبقات قبل مكياجك (بما إنه منتج عناية بالبشرة قبل ما يكون منتج مكياج إذًا هو يرطب و، على قولتهم ، يمسك مكياجك ) بس هل هذا الكلام صحيح ؟ إنه منتج رجالي تفوق على أغلى الماركات في مجال أساس المكياج؟ بعد تجربته كونت لي رأي بشاركه معكم . 


---

The product is exactly called "Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm" , and I say exactly because I made the mistake of buying the fluid (not my most triumphant of moments since I did only realise that fact when I got home) and also this "sensitive" one is the one mentioned. Not cooling or hydrating or whatever other type there is.. The sensitive. 

المنتج بالضبط اسمه "بلسم ما بعد الحلاقة من نيفيا للبشرة الحساسة" ، وأقول بالضبط لأنه سويت غلطة إني شريت السائل بدل من البلسم (أفهى لحظاتي حيث إني ما لاحظت إلا يوم رجعت البيت إن العلبة مكتوب عليها "سائل" ) وحق البشرة الحساسة هو إلي الكل يحكي عنه ، مو أي نوع غيره.

The packaging is made of glass with a plastic screw-on top, it feels heavy in the hand (as I am used to tubes and plastic) , I don't need to tell you "be careful" on this thing (one drop is enough for it to destruct). Its plastic top provides a security without compromising it ease of opening-and-closing the product. The mouth of the bottle is not too wide or too slim, making it easy to control the amount of product dispensed.

  العلبة مصنوعة من زجاج وغطاها بلاستيك ينلف على الفتحة. حسيت إنه العلبة لها ثقل ، وهذا لأنها زجاج وأنا متعودة اتعامل مع البلاتسيك بأشكاله في المكياج والتجميل بشكل عام. فيعني ما له داعي أقولكم تنتبهون مع العلبة (طيحيه مرة وودعيه) الغطاء (بشكله هذا البلاستيكي وطريقة فتح العلبة) يحفظ المنتج ، أي إنه ما يسمح بتسرب (أرميه في دروجي ولا لاحظت إنه سال على باقي الأشياء إلي في الدرج) وفي نفس الوقت سهل فتحه وصكه . الفتحة نفسها حجمها كويس ، وهذا يسمح لك تتحكمين بالكمية إلي تطلع.

 
The product itself is very thin and runny, though it dries slightly tacky, it does have a light scent of "man" but it doesn't linger.


المنتج نفسه خفيف وسائل ، بس لما ينشف يصير شوي يدبق . فيه ريحة رجالية خفيفة بس تروح ,


How Do I Use It? // كيف استعمله؟

I apply it on bare skin, since it IS a skincare item I find it doubles as both a primer and moisturizer. I never use something underneath it.
 I pat it into my skin with my hands after dotting it , it feels cooling :)
I also go over my lids and undereyes with the leftover product, gently though.

أحطه على بشرتي قبل أي شي ، ولا أحط شي تحته. بما إنه منتج للعناية بالبشرة أحسه اثنين في واحد (برايمر ومرطب) . اطبطبه بعد ما "انقطه" (ما اتوقع الحركة لها مسمى بس أوزعه على شكل نقاط) أحسه بارد ومنعش على الوجه
  ما تبقى من المنتج أحطه على جفوني وتحت عيوني ،بس شوي شوي على هالمنطقة.

Does it Work? // فعال؟ 

Surprisingly, YES! I already had very high hopes because of all the hype (and that it is barely found in drugstores anymore) , but a men's skincare item being comparable high-end primers? Sounds absurd, yet nothing's impossible.
It made my makeup look fresh for the longest time, I always had trouble with makeup fading and touching up bugged me (doesn't it for all of us?) this solved this problem for me! Blush, bronzer, and highlight all look fresh. my base makeup doesn't fade anymore. Eyes look lovely.. Everything just sticks better. It also made everything go on better, smooth application I must say.

تفاجئني النتيجة ، إي فعال مرة ! أصلًا توقغاتي كانت واصلة السقف بسبب حب الناس كلهم له وكلامهم عنه (زائد إني بالقوة لقيته) بس إلي خلاني اتفاجأ إنه منتج للعناية بالبشرة للرجال صار يتقارن برايمرات المكياج إلي تجيك بأسعار غالية
خلا مكياجي يدوم وشكله يجنن طول ذاك الوقت. مشكلتي الكبرى كانت دايمًا إنه مكياجي يبدأ يتلاشى وشكله يبهت مع الوقت. أصير لازم أعيد على كم شي (خصوصًا الإضاءة ) ومرة كان يزعجني هالشي. انحلت لي المشكلة الحمد لله بسبب هذا المنتج ، ما في شي يبهت أو يتلاشى ، كل شي في مكانه. إضاءتي بكل لمعانها ،  البرونزر والبلشر بعد . الكونسيلر أو أي مكياج
أساس ما يتلاشى. بعد أثر بإيجابية في ثبات مكياج العيون.. بشكل عام كل شي ثبت .
غير إنه ثبت ، المنتج سهل "عملية وضع المكياج" ، واستخدم هذه العبارة لعدم وجود ما يوصف بشكل أفضل .


Primer Comparison // المقارنة مع برايمر ثاني 

The primer I liked before this came along was the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer. The thing I liked about it is how it hydrated my face and made makeup go on easier (basically made my face the almost perfect makeup canvas) . I love mixing a liquid illuminator with this one and it just gives amazing results. However its not the best in the longevity department. It does absolutely nothing for longevity. My makeup wear time is the same with or without it.
But lets compare it to the Aftershave balm.

They both give the same results in preparing the skin for makeup and making it go on easier. They both give glow and hydration to my skin.
But, I like Nivea more. Why? Because my makeup actually lasts with it on.
It doesn't just make my makeup look good, it makes that "good look" last.
And I actually feel safe using Nivea Aftershave on a regular basis for makeup application (because its technically a skincare item), I never liked using a marketed-as-primer primer regularly because I don't think its good for the skin.
Plus, Nivea Aftershave is cheaper. its 25-30 SR. While Laura Mercier is about 180 SR?
Both are great, though I think we have a winner here.
 
 البرايمر إلي كان يعجبني قبل ما يدخل نيفيا في حياتي هو البرايمر المرطب من لورا ميرسير . كان يعجبني ترطيبه وكيف خلى المكياج ينحط على وجهي بكل سلاسة وسهولة. وأحب امزج معاه إضاءة سائلة . بس من ناحية ثبات المكياج ، ما يفرق وجوده وعدمه.
خلنا نقارنه ببسلم ما بعد الحلاقة من نيفيا
النتائج نفسها من تحضير الوجه للمكياج وسهولة "وضعه" (في كلمة أنسب ، بس مو راضية تجيني) ، كلهم يرطبون ويعطون نضارة للوجه.
بس نيفيا أحلى ، ليش؟ لأن مكياجي يدوم لما استعمله
يعني مو بس يعطي نتائج حلوة للبشرة ويخلي مكياجي حلو ، يدوم تأثيره ونتائجه 
وأحس باطمئنان لما استعمل بلسم ما بعد الحلاقة بطريقة روتينية بمكياجي ، أنا ما أحط مكياج كل يوم بس تعتبر فترات متقاربة بشكل عام ، فإذا جا الوقت إني أحط اختياري هالفترة نيفيا . لأنه تحديدًا منتج عناية بالبشرة فهدفه نفع البشرة . ما قد ارتحت استخدم برايمر بذي الطريقة لأني حسيته يضر البشرة .
.ونيفيا أرخص من لورا ميرسير . حيث إنه نيفيا ما يتعدى 30 ريال أما لورا حوالي 180 ريال
كلهم  حلوين بس واضح مين تفوق على الثاني.


Why does it work so well? // ليش مرة فعال؟
Glycerin.
Its one of the active ingredients in this product, and the reason it dries tacky.
Also it happens to be one of the most commonly used ingredients in makeup primers and setting sprays. Its job is to keep makeup in place and make product in general stick to it.

جلسرين
مكون موجود فيه وفي كثير برايمرات وبخاخات المثبتة للمكياج . وهذا سبب إنه المنتج يدبق لما ينشف. وظيفته بالمختصر المفيد إنه يخلي المكياج أو أي منتجات "جمالية" تلصق فيه ولا تتحرك.

Verdict//الحكم

I said all that's to say, and I end this by saying this product is a holy grail for me and I recommend it. It may work for you, and it may not. Yet I still say give it a shot (wow, unintentional rhyme)
my skin is combo/dry

قلت كل إلي ممكن ينقال عنه، وانهي هذا كله بقول إني اعشق هالمنتج وانصحكم فيه حيث إنه صار من أساسياتي ومفضلاتي .   بشرتي مختلطة مايلة للجافة ونفعها الحمد لله.

 


Share:

0 comments