Studying (And Productivity) Hacks || طرق للدراسة (والانجاز)


Final exam season is here , the time to make a double effort.. Which usually ends up in procrastination. I feel you on this one, but that's why I'm writing this, to share some tips that helped me during the current and previous exam season to get good grades. And these tips might help you in the general productivity field too! A helping hand to achieve?

بدأت مواسم الكتب إلي تأكلنا لما نحاول نأكلها ، عاد مو لذي الدرجة بس ضغط. بس بشارككم نصائح وطرق ساعدتني وقت الاختبارات وسهلت علي الدراسة الحمد لله. إن شاء الله عاد يخفف عليكم هم الاختبارات. وغير كذا هذه الطرق ممكن تساعدكم في مجال الانجازات العام، لا تقيدونها بس بالدراسة


 ذكر الله\\ Remembering Allah

نذكر ربي في كل وقت ، ووفت الدراسة أحد الأوقات هذه . 
ادعي ربي بالتوفيق والدرجات العالية في الدنيا والآخرة ، قال تعالى : (ادعوني استجب لكم) فتحري أوقات الإجابة (مثل في السجود وبين الآذان والإقامة وساعة الاستجابة يوم الجمعة ) وأدعيه بخير الدارين والدرجات العالية فيهم والعفو والتوفيق  وإلي في قلبك
..
أذكري ربي وقت المذاكرة بتسبيح واستغفار أو دعاء تعرفينه . قبلها وبعدها ووقتها ، وهذا الشي ما يخص المذاكرة بس ، لكن 
.تدويتني عن المذاكرة فبحكي عن هالشي و نية إنك ترضين الله بدراستك 
سمي ربك لما تبدين واشكريه لما تخلصين (وبالشكر تدوم النعم)  وتوكلي عليه دائمًا ، ثقتك بالله وحسن الظن فيه ممكن يحقق المستحيل وما يضيع جهدك أبد.

Rely on Allah and remember him while you study (its not just a study thing, but studying is one the times its suited for, in fact.. Anytime is suited for it) you can achieve the impossible by doing so. Thank him when you're done or even when you just finished a chapter. And start with his name. 

Using your senses // استخدام الحواس
يمكن هي حركة قديمة بس استخدام أكثر من حاسة وقت الدراسة ، مثلًا تكتبين وتقولين الكلام بصوت عالي أو إنك تدرسين وانتِ تمشين ، يأثر في مدى استيعابك للمعلومة . وأنا أدرس ما أترك حاسة تقريبًا إلا واستغلها. أقول الكلام بصوت عالي وأحرك يدي وأحيانًا أمشي حول الغرفة . 
ممكن أرسم رسمة تدل على المعلومة وأنا أقرأها. 
 أكتبها بسرعة وأنا أقولها. 
في ناس يبخون عطر وقت ما يدرسون ويرجعون يبخونه وقت قبل ما يدخلون القاعة عشان يحرك الذاكرة ، شخصيًا ما جربتها. لكن أنا أربط المعلومة بصورة أو مكان كنت فيه ، لأني شخص يعتمد على البصر أكثر شي  (والحركة ، حيث إني اتحرك كثير وقت ما ادرس خصوصًا يدي) ، ويساعدني هالشي.
جربي ونوعي وشوفي إلي يناسبك ، بس لا تستعملين حاسة وحدة . سواء كان درس تبين تفهمينه أو فكرة تبين تستوعبينها استخدامك لحواسك ومعرفة طريقة تعلمك بيساعدك إن شاء الله 

This is an oldie but a goodie. I use almost all my senses when I study. I listen to myself saying the information while writing it sloppily, I also sometimes walk around while reading out loud, I move my hands while explaining it to myself , I draw something to symbolise it while I read it. 
Although I never relied on smell, some people use it to jog their memory by spraying said perfume/body spray/etc, while studying and reapplying it before they enter the exam hall. 
I am a tactile and visual learner. I rely on the sights I see while I'm studying (if I'm in a different room or if I've drawn a certain picture or whatever visual queue that goes along with it, I tend to tie it with the information) or I remember my movement (my hands, I always move them..) 
Just experiment and see what works for you. For ideas or lessons, knowing the way you learn best and using your senses are a great help 

الدراسة في فترات \\ Studying in Intervals

الناس وقت ما يدرسون ممكن يأخذون نص اليوم (أو أكثر) وفي نهاية اليوم يجمعون كل شي في جلسة وحدة ، اعترف إني جزئيًا من هذه الفئة  . لكن تعلمت ألقى حل وسط الحمد لله . وهو إني أحط وقت راحة ووقت دراسة محدد في اليوم باستخدام العداد وطريقة بومودورو (تقنية الطماطم) 

الصراحة ، ما التزمت فيها كثير في موسم الاختبارات هذا، لكن في الاوقات الي التزمت فيها (في الدراسة وغيرها) حسيت اني انجزت أكثر من وقت مفتوح وعشوائي. 
وهي عبارة عن ٢٠-٢٥ دقيقة عمل و٥-٣ دقائق راحة  قصيرة (أنا أحطه على ٢٠ عمل و٥ راحة) وبعد ٤ فترات عمل تأخذين راحة طويلة (١٥-٣٠ دقيقة) والشرط فيها الالتزام حتى تنجزين العمل. 

People while studying are often taking too much breaks and end up cramming the whole thing at midnight. Or just study and not pay attention because they're doing it all at once and not giving their brain a chance to process the information. I am guilty on that part, but I learned to find my solution through dividing my study session into sections using the Pomodoro method.
I'll be honest, I didn't use it much this exam season. Yet when I did use it, I found myself achieving more since I am organising my time and not doing everything haphazardly (in studying or elsewhere) 
So it goes like this: work for 20-25 minutes (I usually do 20) a short rest for 3-5 minutes (I do 5) and every 4 work sessions earns you a long break of 15-30 minutes. The key to this method is commitment until the job is done.

Setting a Trigger // تحديد موجه

لما تقومين من النوم وكتابك محطوط في شنطتك أو درجك ، لازم تدرسين . بس ما لك خلق وتأجلين وتأجلين إلين ما تتورطين  و يجي آخر الليل ولا سويتي شي. لأنه مو في روتينيك إنك تقومين وتأخذين الكتاب وتقعدين في مكان أبدًا ما تقعدين فيه. الموجه هو طريقة تضيف خطوة زيادة في نمطك اليومي.
مثلًا إنتِ تقومين من النوم ، تروحين الحمام الله يكرمك ، تصلين ، تفطرين ...  يعني لك مسار معين ، كلنا لنا واحد عرفناه أو لا. خلنا نقول قبلها بيوم تخلين كتابك مفتوح على طاولة الأكل إلي تأكلين عليها فطورك ( تحطين كتابك مفتوح على الفصل إلي تبين تدرسينه ، . وأقلامك جاهزة وكل شي. أو أي شي تحتاجينه للعمل ) يصير ما لك إلا القعدة والدراسة . أو قعدتك لاتمام أي عمل.
يعني باختصار حطي العمل إلي تبين تنجزينه  في طريقك ، حطي كتابك في مكان تعرفين إنك بتقعدين فيه أو حطيه في مكان تعرفين إنك بتروحين له أو تمرين منه. في ناس شفتهم يحطون أوراقهم في الثلاجة عشان لو جو يسوون فطورهم تكون هناك. يصير نفسيًا لازم تدرسينها أو تنجزين العمل المطلوب. ممكن ما ودك تحركين كتابك أو الشي إلي تبين تسوينه أو ما تقدرين. حطي مكانه أوراق بوست إت . في الحمام ( الله يكرمكم) وفي الدولاب وعلى الثلاجة . خلي العمل في طريقك وعند مجال نظرك

When you wake up and your book is hidden, in your bag or inside your drawers.. You know you must study but you just put the thing behind your back and tell yourself that you are going to do it.. Except now is not the time for it. The thought keeps being repeated in your head until midnight comes and you haven't done a single thing. The reason? This "getting your book out" thing isn't in your routine, and I bet you're going to sit in your abandoned study desk that you never pass by.. Right? That is what a trigger is going to do, force a deviant step into your daily pattern (which we all have unknowingly or knowingly, even if its in the most basic forms) 

So lets say the previous day , you set your book out on the dining table (where you usually eat your breakfast) opened to the chapter you want to study. Set your pens too and any additional things you might need to study or to work on if its not studying you're doing. The next day you will wake up, go to the bathroom, pray, and then when you come to eat your breakfast.. You find the scenery set for you to study, its organised right in front of you and in your way. All you need to do is sit and get work done.

A trigger (in this case) is basically inserting a deviant step in a habitual routine to increase productivity, to put it in your range of sight or put it in your way. I see some people put their notes in the refrigerator , that way if they go to get breakfast they see it in front of them ready to be picked up (sometimes the most peculiar ways are the most effective) . If you can't put the materials for work in the area, put Post-it notes all over the places you know you will be going to.. The bathroom mirror, refrigerator, your closet. It psychologically implies you to do the work or feel guilty for leaving a ready thing behind.

--------------------

هذه كل الطرق إلي عندي وإن شاء الله تفيدكم زي ما فادتني. وتذكروا تهتمون بأنفسكم ولا تنسون نفسكم وإنتم تدرسون أو تنجزون عمل. فكروا بإيجابة وتذكروا إنه ربي ما يضيع أي جهد بُذل في رضاه وإنك مسوية إلي عليك + لا تسنين تأخذين كفايتك من الموية والسوائل (الواحد ما يفكر وهو عطشان .. اسألوا مجرب ) والأكل الصحي . وحاولوا تأخذون كفايتكم من النوم بعد (نصيحة لنفسي قبل أي أحد ، أسوأ شخص في النوم )  

الله يوفقكم 

These tricks are what I have to offer, and I hope you benefit from them as much as I did. Also, remember to take care of yourself while you're working, with the pressure we tend to forget ourselves. Be optimistic and remember that Allah never lets hard work go to waste and that you did your best. Plus get enough nutrients and water.. You won't be able to think straight with those two missings.. Sleep well if you can too (advice to myself, worst sleeper ever) 

Good Luck ! 

Share:

0 comments